Welcome to our Help Section

Many of the questions our customers have asked can be found on the left hand side of this page. Have a quick browse to see if your query has already been resolved by a fellow camper or by a member of our staff.

Can't find what you need?

If you can't find what you're looking for, please submit your question and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Quotations & Mid-term adjustments

Can I add a driver to my policy?

It may be possible to add a driver, however it is all dependant on their details and the type of policy that you have. We will need full driver information including any previous claims and convictions. Contact our Customer Service Team for a quotation.

Can I add my son/daughter on my policy if they are under the age of 25?

Statistically the risk of claims on a parent and child policy is very high, so unfortunately we do not cover children on parent's policies until they are over the age of 25.

Can I change or view my policy online?

You cannot currently view your policy online, however you can make an amendment by calling our Customer Services team.

Can you provide insurance for my vehicle if it's been imported?

We can cover imported vehicles provided we know the point of origin. Cover can sometimes be arranged where the vehicle is awaiting a UK registration number.

Do red vehicles cost more to insure than other vehicles?

The colour of your vehicle is not relevant to the price of the policy. However, should you have the vehicle's paintwork customised, this may increase the price. You should advise us if any paint changes are made.

How do I go about making a change to my policy?

Contact our Customer Service Team, who will find the most competitive Insurer for you. This may be your current Insurer, or it may be beneficial to cancel your policy and for us to place you with an alternative Insurer.

I got a speeding ticket. How much will it affect my car insurance premium?

This depends on how many motoring convictions you have on your driving licence, and who your Insurance Company is. Many Insurers that we deal with will allow two fixed penalty speeding convictions to be on your licence without increasing your premium. You should notify us as soon as you receive a conviction.

My car has been modified, do you need to know and will it affect the cost of cover?

Yes, we need to know about any modifications to the vehicle, this may affect the insurance premium depending on the level of modifications. Make sure that all alterations to the vehicle are advised to us so that we can make sure that you are fully covered.

My teenager just got a driving licence and the insurance rates are through the roof. Is it best to add him to my policy? Do I have any other options?

Unfortunately we cannot add a teenager onto their parent's policy, as it represents a much higher risk to the Insurer. Generally speaking if the teenager is using the vehicle more frequently than any of the other drivers, the policy should be set up in the teenager's name. This will also give the teenager the chance to start earning his or her own no claims bonus. Herts Insurance offer specialist young driver policies, which can even accommodate modified vehicles so we should be able to offer a competitive premium. These policies also allow discounts for the teenager if they have completed a Pass Plus scheme, or similar advanced driving course, so this may be something for your teenager to consider in order to reduce their premium.

What information will I need to accept a quote?

In order that we can process your application we will need the following:

* Your registration Number

* Your payment method including your Bank Sort Code and Account Number

* Details of your previous Insurer including their name and Policy Number

* Your current Mileage Reading

When do I need to notify you of a change to my details?

We should be notified of all amendments that would affect your policy. If you are in doubt, it is best to notify us anyway, as a claim could be affected if any of your information is incorrect. For example, if you obtain a motoring conviction we should always be advised as soon as possible.

When do I qualify for protected no claims bonus?

Each Insurer has their own ruling, however you must have at least four years no claims bonus to be able to protect it. There is normally an additional amount on your policy excess, and a minor loading on your premium.

When will I receive my renewal quotation?

You will be in possession of your renewal invitation no less than 21 days prior to your renewal date.

Why does my address affect my premium?

The insurance companies keep track on the claim statistics in all areas of the UK so if you move to an area with higher claim amounts than previously it is seen as a higher risk for the insurer to take.

Will my insurance premium go down if I garage my vehicle?

This is not guaranteed however a few of the insurers that we deal with do offer a discount for your vehicle being garaged overnight. If you would like to see if this could apply to your policy please contact our customer service department.

Will my premium go down if I add my mum or dad to my policy?

Unfortunately not; the general rule is that the insurance premium is rated on the highest risk driver, which would be the youngest driver named on your policy.

Your system does not list the make and model of my car - what should I do?

We specialise in a variety of niche motoring markets, including vehicles of all makes and models carrying q-plates. If your vehicle is not shown on the list all is not lost, please call us as our underwriters will then search for themost competitive market for your specialist vehicle.

Policy Terms and Additional Cover

Can I add another vehicle to my policy?

This may be possible, depending on the policy you have and the vehicle you wish to add. We can only add an additional vehicle for a period of seven days. The Insurer will generally charge an additional fee for covering the extra vehicle.

Can I add the benefit of driving other vehicles third party?

Once the insurance is in force unfortunately you cannot add this benefit to your policy. However if you display an interest in this at your renewal date we can try to include this in your quote.

Can I take out breakdown or personal accident cover when I have already accepted my quote?

We can add either the breakdown or personal accident cover up to 14 days after your policy has started. Unfortunately after this period we cannot allow this benefit to be added.

Comprehensive Cover

Comprehensive cover is the fullest level of cover that you can get for your car and any damages and injuries arising from it. It usually gives you ”all risks” protection but comprehensive policies differ a lot from provider to provider, so it's advisable to check the policy details. Some insurance policies cover accidental and windscreen damage, personal belongings and audio equipments or a courtesy car, but others keep premiums low by sticking to the basics. Comprehensive cover is essential for cars worth over £5000. New cars bought on finance have to have fully comprehensive insurance. Usually it covers:

* injuries to other people, including passengers

* damage to other people's property

* accidents caused by your passengers

* liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car

* fire damage and / or theft of your vehicle

* accidental damage to your own car

* personal accident benefit - certain amounts are paid in the event of the death or permanent disablement of the policyholder (and sometimes his or her spouse or family member)

* medical expenses necessarily incurred, up to a stated limit

* loss of or damage to personal belongings in the insured car, up to a stated limit

Cover for Track Days

Some of our policies provide an extension allowing you to use your vehicle whilst taking part in a marshalled track day for non-competitive events

Cover whilst abroad

Most insurers include a maximum period for use abroad at no extra charge, the maximum is normally 90 days per period of insurance. Please note that whilst you are abroad your Insurers provide a reduced level of cover and not all of the policy cover/benefits are included and that cover is not available for all Countries.

Do I need Legal Expenses cover if I know a solicitor?

Legal Expenses cover is always a benefit as although you may know a solicitor they may not specialise in Uninsured Loss Recovery. They would also possibly charge you for their assistance.

Does my policy cover me to drive abroad?

The majority of Insurers allow a designated period of cover free of charge within EU countries on a pleasure use basis. You should contact us before you depart to ensure that the countries you are travelling to are acceptable, you are within the amount of days allocated by your Insurer and whether there is a charge for the cover.

Does the policy entitle me to drive anybody else's car?

Most policyholders over the age of 25 are given this cover. If this benefit is added it will show on your certificate of insurance. This cover is Third Party Only and is restricted to vehicles not owned and registered to you.

How can I reduce the cost of insurance?

There are a number of discounts that could be available to you, they are:

* Your Annual Mileage

* Inclusion of a Voluntary Excess - this will be in addition to any other excess

* if you have Thatcham Alarm/Immobiliser or Tracking Device

* Restrict the driving to yourself or named drivers over 25

How do I know if I have the benefit or driving other cars third party?

It will state on your insurance certificate if you are covered. It may also state this on your insurance schedule.

How much cover does Legal Expenses Cover provide?

In respect of each qualifying accident the sum of £50,000.

I am a named driver on the policy; does the benefit of driving other cars apply to me?

No this benefit only applies to the policyholder, provided that this is stated on the insurance certificate.

I have a limited mileage policy however I will possibly be exceeding this when using the car off the road; does this count as exceeding my limit?

The mileage limit is for the whole annual mileage no matter where the vehicle has been used. So if this is close to being exceeded please contact our customer service department for them to re-quote your policy.

I need to fit security to my vehicle

Visit GAP Security (

I need to take my vehicle out of the country?

Call our customer service line as most insurers need to be advised of this. Charges may apply.

I personally will not exceed the mileage I have agreed to, however my friend/family member also uses my vehicle on their insurance. Is their mileage done included in my limit?

The mileage restriction actually applies to the vehicle and not the insured drivers so if the mileage has been exceeded or is close to your limit please contact our customer service department for them to re-quote your policy.

I think I may exceed my mileage limit?

Please note in some cases the policy may have to be cancelled and a new policy taken out (charges will be incurred).

If I buy Legal Expenses Cover, who would be covered?

Legal Expenses Cover is a free benefit given to all our customers and it covers the policyholder and any named driver, or passengers, in the insured vehicle.

If I have comprehensive cover, does this mean I have the benefit of driving other cars?

No, this is not an automatic inclusion in comprehensive policies. You can check your certificate of Insurance to see if you have this entitlement. If you are in doubt, we would advise that you contact our Customer Service Team. 

If I need to use Legal Expenses Cover are there any additional costs other than the annual premium?

No, there are no costs at all as the Legal Expenses Policy is free of charge and will cover all costs for assistance in claiming from a third party up to a limit of £50,000.


All alterations to your vehicle since it left the manufacturers production line are treated as a modification. We specialise in insuring vehicles that have been modified and most modifications are acceptable and many without any extra charge.

Third Party Cover

Third party insurance is the minimum level of car insurance required by law in the UK. It is the cheapest option and only covers you for liabilities to other vehicles if you cause an accident. It usually covers:

* injuries to other people, including passengers

* damage to other people's property

* accidents caused by your passengers

* liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car

Third Party Fire and Theft Cover

Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance works like third party but includes protection for your vehicle against any losses through fire and theft. It usually covers:

* injuries to other people, including passengers

* damage to other people's property

* accidents caused by your accidents

* liability arising from the use of a caravan or trailer, while attached to the car

* loss in the event of theft of your vehicle

* damage to your vehicle in the event of fire

What does the breakdown service cover me for?

When you take out the breakdown cover we send you a booklet confirming what you're covered for, however if you have not received this then don't hesitate to contact our customer service department and we will be more than willing to get a duplicate sent. The cover provided is as follows:

* The insured vehicle is covered for UK and European roadside assistance and recovery, and the cover also includes a home start service

* The European cover is restricted to a maximum of 31 days in a row, and a maximum of 60 days in total

* The driver plus up to 5 passengers can be recovered

* There is no refund in the event of cancellation after the first 14 days, and there is no cover in force for the first 48 hours

What does the Driving of Other Cars extension cover me for?

This is not automatically included and you will need to check your Certificate of Motor Insurance to see if this extension has been provided. This extension of cover provides you with only limited cover and is provided by the Insurer for emergency purposes only. This extension of cover provides you with Third Party Only cover to drive another car that is not owned, or, registered to you, or on loan to you, or on hire to you. Also this extension only applies to the Policy Holder and not to any of the named drivers.

What does the personal accident benefit cover?

When you take out the personal accident benefit we send you a booklet confirming what you're covered for, however if you have not received or have mislaid this, then don't hesitate to contact our customer service department and we will be more than willing to get a duplicate sent. The cover provided is as follows:

* This gives the policyholder and each of his/her passengers extra personal accident cover (in addition to any that may already be included by the insurer)

* Each occupant is covered for £10,000 for accidental death, or £20,000 for total disablement

* The policy has a maximum total payable of £150,000

* There is no refund in the event of cancellation after 14 days

What is an Agreed Value?

An Agreed Value is available on Classic, Collectable or Modified Vehicles. Depending on the vehicle's condition the listed Market Value may not reflect the value that could then be reached if you were to sell the vehicle. If you have an Agreed Value and your vehicle is a Total Loss, then any offer will be based on the certified value rather than Market Value. For all Agreed Value policies, you will be required to supply several photographs and receipts of parts and labour costs for the work that has been done on your vehicle. We will review this and if agreeable we will issue you with an agreed valuation certificate.

What is an excess?

An excess is an amount payable by yourself in the event of a claim against your policy for your own damage/loss. Details of specific excesses relating to your policy can be found on your policy schedule.

When can I use Legal Expenses Cover?

When you or your vehicle has been involved in a road traffic accident that has been caused to a greater extent by the fault of another party than by yourself. "Another party" is defined as:

* The driver, owner or any other person responsible for a vehicle insured against third party risks (other than the driver of your vehicle), or, * Any other parties so insured

Where can I get an independent valuation for my vehicle?

Valuations can be obtained from owners clubs or an engineer/garage independent of your vehicle.

Will you pay compensation under my Legal Expenses Policy if I am injured as a result of a road traffic accident and unable to work?

No, your Legal Expenses Policy will not pay out directly. It assists in reclaiming out of pocket expenses from a negligent third party. Should you be involved in a non-fault incident where the third party is identified and appropriately insured then compensation can be claimed from them via the Legal Expenses Policy.

Would I be covered by Legal Expenses Cover if I go abroad?

Yes, however this only applies if there is a UK handling agent for the third party insurer. Unfortunately if this were not the case your Legal Expenses Cover would not be able to assist you.

Would I be covered by Legal Expenses Cover if the driver at fault leaves the scene of the accident without swapping details?

It is possible they will be able to assist you if you have been able to obtain the third party's registration number and they are then traced by this means.

Would Legal Expenses cover me in my other car?

Yes, the Legal Expense Policy will cover any motor vehicle you own or for which you are legally responsible including any caravan or trailer properly constructed to be towed by such vehicle and attached to it by normal means.


Can I pay off my premium in full instead of by direct debit?

This is possible, and the interest remaining on your direct debit agreement should be reduced. Contact our Customer Service Team to find out the outstanding balance and make an arrangement to pay.

How can I pay?

You can pay in full by any of these cards: Visa Delta, MasterCard, Switch, Solo. You can also take advantage of our credit plan by paying a deposit and spread the balance over direct debits from your Bank Account. This is subject to terms and conditions and credit checks may be required. Unfortunately we are unable to accept cheques.

I need extra time to make a payment, is this possible?

It may be, depending on the circumstances. We would advise that you contact our Customer Services Team as soon as possible so that your policy does not get cancelled.

Why have my instalments increased this year, when my renewal quote is less than my previous quote?

Last year when your policy started you may have paid a deposit of 25% or 15%. This would have taken a large amount of your premium away from the outstanding balance that was to be paid over instalments. However this year so you don't have to pay a deposit we split the instalments up equally.

Paperwork and Documents

I have received my new policy documents but it states a different price to the amount I paid; why is this?

The insurance company's premium is all that is displayed on their documents, however when you take out or renew a policy with us you will be charged our set up fee and possibly for optional extras you have taken out with us.

I need to tax my vehicle?

You can obtain your tax by producing either your certificate of insurance or a current temporary cover note.

I've lost my certificate or cover note, what can I do?

You can request a duplicate certificate by contacting Customer Services, this will then be send by first class Royal Mail. We can offer Special Delivery at a surcharge if your documents are needed urgently. For this service you need to call our Customer Service Team. We would advise that you contact us several days in advance if you need to tax your vehicle in the near future.

My immobiliser is fitted as standard, how do I fill in the immobiliser form?

There is a section on the form to tick to state that your immobiliser is fitted as standard. Our administration team will check the form to see if the immobiliser matches the policy requirements, and will contact you with any problems.

My insurance schedule states some endorsements that I was not aware applied to my policy, what should I do?

In some cases not all the endorsements displayed on the schedule apply to your policy. Usually at the top of this section it will confirm which endorsements apply to you, however if you are still unsure then please do not hesitate to contact us.

What do I do if I've lost my paperwork?

Simply contact our Customer Services team who will supply duplicates for you.

What's needed in regards to photos for agreed value?

If we have requested photos, these need to be of the back, front, sides, interior and the engine of the vehicle. We accept photographs in all formats (other than Polaroid's) including CD or email. Please note when the agreed value has been applied to your policy, a revised schedule showing this will be forwarded to yourself. Agreed Value is optional, and it is your responsibility to ensure the required documentation is received by us if this has been offered to you.

When will I receive my documents?

Policy documents are sent by first class post and should be with you within 3 working days. Alternatively you can choose to have them sent via Email and depending on your internet service provider they should be with you within 24 hours.

When will I receive my insurance documents?

By post - Policy documents are sent by first class post and therefore should be with you within 3 working days.

By email - should be with you within 24 hours.

No Claims Bonus

Can I use motorcycle NCB on a private car policy?

Not normally - advise us of this as an introductory discount may be available.

Can I use my commercial vehicle NCB on a private car policy?

Not all insurers will allow this. Advise us at the time of quotation that you have commercial vehicle NCB so we can try to accommodate this.

Do I need to send proof of my No Claims Bonus?

If you have stated that you are using your No Claims Bonus then you will need to send us proof of this from your previous insurer immediately.

Does my no claims bonus expire after a certain period of time?

Most Insurers will accept no claims bonus which has expired up to two years before you use it again. We may be able to use no claims bonus which is over two years old, however you must advise us of this at the time of the quotation.

I am insured through RSA and I have more than 4 years' bonus, however it only displays 4 years on my schedule; why is this?

The maximum years of no claims bonus RSA will give a discount for is 4 years so this is all they will display, however if you were to leave Herts Insurance or RSA we would be able to supply proof of the amount of years you have earned.

I have been a named driver on someone else's policy for a few years, does that mean that I am entitled to a no claims discount?

In order to gain no claims bonus entitlement the insurance policy needs to be in your name. However providing you have been claim free as the named driver, we can normally offer an introductory discount.

If I have a policy that runs for less than 12 months do I still earn a years' no claims bonus?

If your policy finishes or is cancelled before the 12 months is completely finished, unfortunately you are not entitled to a years' no claims bonus discount.

If my No Claims Discount has been earned in another country, is it still acceptable?

Some Insurers will accept No Claims Discount from another country. You should ensure that you tell us when you request your quote if your No Claims Discount was earned in another country, so that we can place your policy with an appropriate Insurer.

My No Claims Bonus is being used on another car

Some insurers will take this into consideration and allow an enhanced introductory discount.

What does NCD stand for?

This stands for 'No Claims Discount'. You earn a year's NCD for every full year of a policy in which no claims are made either by you or a third party. Some policies, such as classic car policies, are not based on NCD and so at the end of such a policy you would not have gained any NCD. Only the main policyholder earns NCD. NCD is also sometimes referred to as NCB - No Claims Bonus.

What exactly am I covered for when I have protected my no claims bonus?

Insurance companies have their own terms regarding this. To check these details refer to your policy booklet initially or contact our customer service department.

How to fill in our paperwork

Agreed Value Forms and Photographs

Agreed value forms are not essential to your policy. Without them, the policy will proceed on a 'market value' basis. Therefore it is beneficial for you to provide the forms, but the policy would not be cancelled if you do not send them. If you have been asked for more than one of the following, we require both (or all) of the forms in order to proceed with the agreed value. Photos - If we have asked for photos of the vehicle, they should be taken square on to the vehicle and make sure it is completely in shot. The Insurers need to be able to see the complete vehicle in order to agree the value you have requested. We also require shots of the engine bay and the interior. For some bigger vehicles, such as motorcaravans, it is better to take more than one picture of the interior. The photos also need to be of good quality with the vehicle clearly visible (for example, no disruption on the photo or no glare). Agreed Value Form - This is to be completed by you, and needs to be fully completed in order for the Insurers to agree the value you have requested. In the top section, make sure that all of the sections are completed. If they are not relevant, please write 'n/a' in the space provided. In the middle section, you need to specify the condition of various parts of the vehicle, and also detail any modifications and restoration work that the vehicle has had. Independent Valuation - This is to be provided by an independent source, such as an owners club. It should be on headed paper and state clearly who has provided the valuation and their qualifications.

Can someone else sign my paperwork for me?

Unfortunately as the policyholder, all forms need to be signed by you, as the agreement is with you and the Insurer.

Direct Debit Agreement

Ensure that you read the agreement thoroughly. If you complete the boxes with your card details, the balance of your agreement will be taken should you default on your payments. The form also explains that the policy will be automatically renewed next year, and that we would tell you the payment amount at least 21 days prior to your renewal.

Do I need to state both my engine number and chassis on the modified vehicle report form?

The modified vehicle report form will only need both the engine number and chassis number if there are engine modifications. If this is not the case then you can supply just either the engine number or the chassis.

Driving Licence

You only need to provide a copy of your driving licence - please do not send the original. You should make a copy of the counterpart section, and the front and back of the photocard. If you have the 'old style' licence, please simply copy the whole sheet. If you do not have any part of your licence, you can complete the DVLA form that we provide, which costs £12.00. We then go directly to the DVLA to obtain your information. The details you provide must match exactly what the DVLA have on their records or they will not provide any information to us.

I know my rough mileage, can I state that on the limited mileage form?

The mileage given has to be as accurate as possible so that we can keep a record of the mileage used within an insurance year. If you cannot provide an accurate reading for this then you may be asked to produce copies of your MOT certificates.

Limited Mileage Declaration

If we have sent you a mileage declaration, your policy has been arranged on a limited mileage basis. You need to provide the mileage of the vehicle from the beginning of the policy, and will be asked to provide the closing mileage when the policy renews or lapses. Should you change your vehicle during the policy, we would require the closing mileage on your original vehicle, and the starting mileage on the new vehicle. We would then calculate the mileage for both vehicles when the policy renews.

Modified Vehicle Report Form

The modified vehicle report form should be completed with all modifications to your vehicle. Ensure that you do tell us ALL modifications, as any non-disclosures could mean that a claim does not get dealt with, or extra premium is added to your policy. In extreme cases the Insurers could null and void your policy. Ensure that you complete the engine and chassis number, as your Insurers require these. Please also ensure that you sign and date the form on the second page.

My immobiliser is not a standard fit, how do I find out what is fitted on the car?

We usually suggest you either contact the previous owner or dealer as they may have fitted it, or take the car to a garage to see if they can find the make and model.

No Claims Bonus

No claims bonus can only be used on one policy at the same time so ensure that your previous policy is either cancelled, or you have requested that the no claims bonus has been removed from the policy. In either case your Insurers should provide you with some proof as to your no claims entitlement, for example a renewal notice or a cancellation schedule. As long as they show your entitlement you can forward these onto us as your proof of no claims bonus. Alternatively, complete the form provided and we will attempt to contact your previous Insurers for the no claims bonus proof for you. If your quote was based on you having no claims bonus on your first vehicle please either provide written proof from your Insurers, or complete the form (as above). It is less likely that we will be able to obtain the proof verbally though, as your other policy will still be running.

Proof of Company Car No Claims Bonus

You may have had a company car for the last few years and this is your first policy 'on your own'. If this is the case, your no claims bonus would have been earned on the company car. We can allow a discount on our policies for this, but would just need to see proof from your company. This generally is provided in the form of a letter from the Insurers of the vehicle, or a letter from your Company stating the dates that you had the vehicle from and to, and that you had no claims during that time period.

Proof of Owners Club Membership

If we have asked you for this, a discount would have been allowed on your policy because you are a member of an owners club. If you have a membership card, please provide a copy of this. If you don't have a card, you can provide the name of the club, the membership number and the expiry date. If you are a member of an online club, we would preferably need an email from the administrator of the club to confirm you are a member, which states your full name.

Proposal Form

Your proposal form should show all of the information that was provided to us over the phone. It will resemble an application form. It should be checked thoroughly, and you should amend any errors. If there are any blank boxes, these should be completed. If you are unsure of any areas on the form or wish to expand on a piece of information, you can attach an explanation to the form on a standard piece of paper. Ensure that the form is signed and dated in every applicable place, as the forms often require more than one signature. When we receive the form, we will let you know if any amendments affect your policy.

Security/Immobiliser Forms

If your policy requires a certain level of security you would have been told this at the time of the quotation. A lot of vehicles have security fitted as standard; so if this is the case, tick the box on the form that states this. All you then need to do is sign and date the form. If your security is not standard to the vehicle, we would need you to complete the make and model of the security device. If you have a certificate of fitment, you could also send a copy of this in for our records. A Thatcham approved device may be needed - if you are not sure if your device is, you can contact us and we will be able to tell you. A Thatcham Category 2 device is an immobilising system; a Thatcham Category 1 device is an immobilising system with a linked alarm.


What do I do if I have a complaint?

We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service but we understand that there maybe be times when you feel that we have not done so and wish to raise a complaint. We will always make every effort to resolve this for you quickly and at the earliest possible stage.

In the first instance please call us on 01279 719932 and speak to a member of our Customer Service Team. Our Service Team will listen to you and in the majority of situations be able to resolve your compliant by the close of the next working day. If however this is not possible, we will send you written acknowledgement within five working days. This letter will confirm who is looking after your complaint and enclose a copy of our Complaints Process. We will then write to you again confirming our resolution. If after four weeks your complaint is unresolved, we will write to you again to explain why and confirm when we expect to provide you with a decision.

In the unlikely event that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact our Customer Care Manager who will review your complaint and respond with our written final decision. Our Customer Care Manager acts with the full authority of our General Manager.

The contact details for our Customer Care Manager are:

Customer Care Manager
2 The Causeway,
Bishops Stortford,
CM23 2EJ

Email: [email protected]

Or use the contact us form

If we have not resolved your complaint within eight weeks, or if your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Contact Details:

Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza 2
183 Marsh Wall
E14 9SR

Tel: 0845 080 18000


Do I get a refund if I've had a claim?

If a claim is either pending (or has been settled against you) in the current period of Insurance, the Insurers will not allow a refund. For clients paying by instalments, this means that the instalments must continue to be paid until the premium is paid in full.

Do I need to cancel my direct debit agreement if my policy is cancelled?

No, we will cancel your direct debit for you when the policy is cancelled, and calculate if you have under or overpaid.

How can I cancel my policy?

To cancel, you can write to us stating the reason and date, and making sure that you return your current certificate of Insurance or cover note. We can terminate policies verbally in some circumstances, however would still need you to return your certificate of Insurance or cover note in order for any refund to be released. The adviser will inform you of any refund, or any additional payment, due following the cancellation.

What do I need to do to cancel my policy?

Please call us first so that we can provide you with an estimated cancellation refund. Some policies do not allow any refund upon cancellation. Normally it is more cost effective to keep your policy running. If wish to cancel your policy, your Insurer will only cancel the policy from the date they received the return of your instructions and your Policy Documents including the Certificate of Motor Insurance. Please accompany these with a covering letter providing your reason for cancellation.

What will I be charged if I cancel my policy within 14 days of receiving my policy information?

If you cancel within 14 days of receiving the policy information you will only be charged our £25 policy issue fee and the Insurance Company's minimum charge for the time you have had on cover. These charges vary depending on the Insurer. Call our Customer Service line for more information.

Why do I owe money even though my policy is cancelled?

If you chose to pay by instalments, it may be that the charges made by your Insurer and us are greater than the amount you have paid so far. Insurers sometimes charge on a short-period basis, meaning that the charge is not directly proportionate to the amount of time covered on the policy.

Will I get a refund if my policy is cancelled?

Insurers all have different cancellation charges and not all policies will allow a refund. Call our Customer Service line for further information.

Accidents & Claims

After a car accident, I had my car repaired at a body shop my Insurance Company referred me to, but I'm not happy with the work that was done. Is there anything I can do about it?

Yes, firstly you should contact the repairer in question and tell them of the problems you are experiencing; they should make arrangements for your vehicle to go back to them for the work to be rectified. If you are still not happy, you can contact our office and we will request that your insurers review the matter further.

Can I demand original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts to repair my vehicle?

We deal with a large number of insurers and each insurer deals with this differently. We therefore advise that you contact our office on 0844 888 5500 to discuss the procedures of your particular Insurance Company.

Do I get a courtesy car if I have an accident?

This depends on a number of factors. You must make a claim through your own policy and have comprehensive cover. You would then receive a courtesy car providing you use the approved repairer, subject to availability and only for the duration of the repairs. If your vehicle was written off a courtesy car would not be provided in the above circumstances.

Do I have legal cover on my policy?

All of our policies include free legal cover. The legal company can only help with road traffic accidents (RTA). They will help to reclaim any uninsured losses.

Do I have to use my Insurer's body shop for repairs?

No, you may provide an estimate from a garage of your own choice for approval by your Insurer. You do however forfeit the benefit of a courtesy car should the approved repairer not be used.

Do I need Legal Expenses cover if I know a solicitor?

Legal Expenses cover is always a benefit as although you may know a solicitor they may not specialise in Uninsured Loss Recovery. They would also possibly charge you for their assistance.

How do I make a claim?

Should you need to make a claim please contact our office on 08453 670011 during office hours and our staff will be happy to advise you on making a claim. Should you need to speak to someone outside of office hours please refer to our website or your policy booklet for details of your insurers accident helpline number.

How much cover does Legal Expenses Cover provide?

In respect of each qualifying accident the sum of £50,000.

I have protected no claims bonus, so will my policy be affected by a claim that is my fault?

Each Insurer has a "rule" on how many claims are allowed before you lose your protected bonus benefit. A "fault" or "pending" claim on your driving history may increase future premiums, as it represents a higher risk to the Insurers.


Our charges

7. Our charges - In addition to premiums charged by insurers, we normally make the following charges to cover the administration of your insurance:

  • Arranging new policies - £45
  • Renewals - £25
  • Cancellation - £25
  • Mid Term Adjustments - £25
  • Arranging an Agreed Value - £15.75
  • Processing Cheques which are returned by our Bank as uncleared - £25
  • Arranging collection of bad debts with our debt collection Agency - £25

For return premiums (usually arising if an insurance risk is reduced or the policy is cancelled), we repay commission on the refund to your insurer and this amount will be deducted from the final amount refunded to you subject to a minimum of £25. The specific amount and purpose of any charges will always be advised to you in advance. Minimum refund is £5.00 and anything under this is retained.